There are three common eating disorder.
But I will focus on anorexia nervosa eating disorders.
You can read about another types of eating disorders?
I.e. bulimia nervosa
What is Anorexia Nervosa?
Many people worry about gaining too much weight. This condition is called anorexia nervosa. Basically Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder. In this disorder person feel weight loss. People with anorexia nervosa eat a very low calorie diet because they have a fear that their weight will increase. They feel better when they have weight loss. Anorexia is usually diagnosed in adolescent women, but it has been reported in older and younger women and in men.
What is the Sign and Symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa?
- Intense weight
- Thin appearance
- Abnormal blood counts
- Elevated liver enzymes
- Dizziness or fainting
- Brittle nails
- Hair-thins, breaks or falls out
- Absence of menstruation (amenorrhea)
- Dry skin
- Intolerance of cold
- Irregular coronary heart rhythms
- Low blood pressure
- Osteoporosis, the lack of bone calcium, which may also result in damaged bones
What are Warning Signs and Symptoms of Anorexia?
- Refusal to eat
- Denial of hunger, even if starving
- Problem concentration
- Skipping food
- Making excuses for not eating
- eating only a few certain foods taken into consideration secure,
- Adopting an eating or drinking dish, which includes cutting food into tiny pieces or spitting meals out after chewing Weighing food
- They cook elaborate meals for others they do not eat
- Excessive exercise
- flat mood, or lack of emotion
- Repeated weighing of themselves wearing baggy or layered clothing
- Complaining about being fat
What are Effects of Anorexia Nervosa?
- Forced withdrawal from college or university
- Career disruption
- Isolation from friends and family
- Shutdown of major body systems
- Brain damage
- Heart attacks
What are the Treatment of Anorexia?
The main goal of the treatment is to restore your body to normal and normal eating habits. A dietitian will assist you learn how to eat properly. It would be a good idea to take care of you.
You and your own family must work hard to overcome anorexia nervosa. Complete family participation in therapies are necessary part of treatment.
A form of therapy called cognitive behavioural therapy is often used to treat anorexia nervosa. CBT is very helpful in individual therapy because it changes the unhealthy thoughts and behaviour.
Family therapy gets family members involved in keeping you heading in the right direction with your healthy eating and lifestyle. Family therapy in a family setting.
Group with anorexia nervosa. However, it is not enough to make the difference. To avoid this situation, it’s important for you that you also expect group therapy. In which medical professional will lead you.
While there is no prescription for anorexia nervosa, antidepressants may be prescribed to deal with the anxiety and depression common in those with anorexia. These may make you feel better. However antidepressants do not lessen the desire to lose weight.
Depending on the severity of your weight loss, you may also be admitted in the hospital for a few days to treat the effects of your anorexia nervosa. Doctor will give you feeding tube and intravenous fluids in case you are dehydrated. If you refuse to eat or do not follow the doctor your doctor can admit you into the hospital for intensive and long treatment.